Sunday, September 17, 2006

El Salvador 2004

I have been thinking a lot of El Salvador lately. I felt like posting some photos of my 2004 trip. It brought back lots of memories!

with baby Moises The beach that I went to in El Salvador had black sand!




Wow, I am missing El Salvador these days...I went to work in Shalom Children's home near the city where I was born. It was my first time to be back to El Salvador since I was adopted at two months of age and it was a profound experience. I helped take care of babies and young girls. I still keep in touch regularly with two of the ladies I met in the home. I enjoyed looking just like everyone else for the first time in my life.The lovely young lady above is Estela Gomez - she was a very special young woman and I miss her terribly! She's 15 now...I hope I can go back to El Salvador in 2007 for a short visit!

No comments: